Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

8 Killed in Red Fort Blast; Amit Shah Orders Probe From All Angles, Terror Angle Not Ruled Out

 
NIA and NSG begin joint investigation; nationwide alert issued

New Delhi (M Bharat 24 News Live): A powerful explosion near Red Fort Metro Station’s Gate No. 1 shook the capital on Monday evening, killing eight people and injuring more than twenty others. The blast occurred around 6:55 p.m., setting nearby cars and a bus on fire, spreading panic across the area. Following the incident, Delhi was placed on high alert.

According to Fire Department spokesperson A.K. Malik, seven fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control within half an hour. “Eight people have died and over 20 are injured,” Malik said. Hospital sources, however, warned that the number of fatalities could rise as several victims are in critical condition. All injured were taken to LNJP Hospital, where Home Minister Amit Shah visited late in the night.

Home Minister Amit Shah directed Delhi Police, NIA, NSG, and FSL to conduct a multi-agency investigation. Speaking to the media outside the hospital, Shah said, “At around 7 p.m., a blast occurred near Red Fort in a Hyundai i20 car. Three to four nearby vehicles were damaged and several people were injured. According to hospital reports, eight people have died so far. We are investigating from every possible angle, including a potential terror link. The exact cause will be known only after the forensic report.”

He added that Special Cell, Crime Branch, NIA, SPG, and FSL teams have already reached the site and started collecting evidence. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also been briefed about the situation and is closely monitoring developments.

Prime Minister Modi expressed grief over the incident and said, “My condolences to those who lost their loved ones in the explosion near Red Fort. I pray for the speedy recovery of the injured. Public safety is our highest priority, and all steps are being taken to prevent such incidents in the future.”

He directed the Home Ministry and security agencies to ensure a thorough and transparent investigation.

Those who lost their lives include Ashok and seven unidentified men aged between 28 and 58. Injured persons include Shaina Parveen (23), Harshul (28), Shiva Jaiswal (32), Sameer (26), Joginder (28), Geeta (26), Vinay Pathak (50), Pappu (53), Vinod Singh (55), Shivam Jha (21), and others.

After the explosion, security agencies across the country were put on high alert. Police and Anti-Terror Squads (ATS) in Delhi-NCR, Karnataka, Haryana, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh have been instructed to tighten vigilance. Security checks have been intensified at airports, railway stations, and malls in Noida, Gurugram, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Pune.

All metro entries around the Red Fort area have been closed, and the adjoining Chandni Chowk area has been sealed. CISF has also placed all sensitive establishments under heightened alert, including Delhi Metro, Red Fort, government offices, and IGI Airport.

Teams from NIA, NSG, and FSL are jointly investigating the blast site. Initial findings suggest that the explosion was of low intensity, but officials have not ruled out the possibility of a larger conspiracy. Investigators are also checking whether it resulted from a CNG cylinder explosion or explosives.

The blast site is barely 500 meters from the historic Red Fort, considered one of the most secure zones in the country. Delhi has previously witnessed several bomb attacks in 2000, 2005, 2008, and 2011. The latest incident once again raises serious concerns about the capital’s security preparedness.


Post a Comment

0 Comments