Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Prime Minister Modi issues strong message from Bhutan over Delhi blast – says agencies will uncover the entire conspiracy, culprits will not be spared

 

Bhutan/Thimphu (M Bharat 24 News Live): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday evening issued a stern message from Bhutan regarding the powerful explosion that took place near Delhi’s historic Red Fort, asserting that those behind this conspiracy will not be spared under any circumstances. He said that Indian investigating agencies will get to the root of the plot and ensure that the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Arriving in Bhutan earlier in the day on a two-day state visit at the invitation of the Bhutanese King to attend the celebrations marking the 70th birth anniversary of Bhutan’s fourth Druk Gyalpo, Prime Minister Modi made the statement while addressing a gathering at the Changlimithang Celebration Ground in Thimphu.

He said, “I have come here today with a heavy heart. The horrific incident that occurred in Delhi last evening has deeply pained the entire nation. I understand the suffering of the bereaved families. The whole country stands with them in this hour of grief.”

The Prime Minister informed that he was in constant touch with all investigating agencies and senior officials throughout Monday night. “Discussions are ongoing, and leads are being connected. Our agencies will reach the bottom of this conspiracy. No one involved in this cowardly act will be spared. All responsible will face justice,” he stated firmly.

During Modi’s visit, the people and royal family of Bhutan expressed deep condolences to the victims of the Delhi blast. The Bhutanese King, along with thousands of citizens at the stadium, offered prayers for the peace of the victims’ souls.

In his address, Prime Minister Modi highlighted the deep historical, cultural, and spiritual ties between India and Bhutan. He said that the two nations share an enduring bond that has flourished for centuries. “It is a matter of great pride for me to witness the global peace prayer festival, to have the opportunity to see the sacred Piprahwa relics of Lord Buddha, and to join the celebrations of the Fourth King’s 70th birthday,” he remarked.

Referring to his roots, he said, “Both my birthplace, Vadnagar, and my karmabhoomi, Varanasi, are deeply associated with the Buddhist tradition. My prayer is that the light of peace continues to illuminate every home in Bhutan and across the world.”

Praising Bhutan’s Fourth King, Modi described him as a symbol of wisdom and selfless service. “During his 34-year reign, His Majesty advanced Bhutan’s cultural heritage and development in equal measure. His philosophy of Gross National Happiness has today become a leading model of development globally,” the Prime Minister said.

He acknowledged the Fourth King’s crucial role in strengthening India-Bhutan friendship. “On behalf of India, I extend my warm wishes to His Majesty for his good health and long life,” Modi added.

The Prime Minister recalled that Bhutan was the destination of his first foreign visit after assuming office in 2014. “The memories of that visit remain fresh in my mind. India and Bhutan have always stood together through every challenge. Today, as both nations move swiftly toward growth and prosperity, our partnership continues to deepen,” he said.

Speaking on energy cooperation, Modi noted that the India-Bhutan hydropower partnership is accelerating development in both countries. “This collaboration was initiated under the leadership of the Fourth King. Both the Fourth and Fifth Kings have promoted sustainable development and an environment-first vision. Because of this approach, Bhutan has become the world’s first carbon-negative country — an extraordinary achievement,” he said.

He also praised the dynamism and innovation of Bhutanese youth, appreciating their commitment to technology and service. Modi said, “The vision adopted by His Majesty to empower the youth of Bhutan is truly inspiring for the entire region.”

It may be recalled that around 6:52 PM on Monday evening, a powerful explosion occurred near Gate No. 1 of the Red Fort Metro Station in Delhi inside a white Hyundai i20 car. The blast, which took place at a traffic signal, killed at least nine people and injured around 20 others. Several vehicles were damaged in the busy area, which is usually crowded during evening hours.

Following the incident, teams from the National Security Guard (NSG), National Investigation Agency (NIA), and Delhi Police’s special units rushed to the spot and began investigations. Union Home Minister Amit Shah spoke to the Delhi Police Commissioner immediately to assess the situation, while Prime Minister Modi also reviewed the situation late Monday night.

Post a Comment

0 Comments